Interview Gertraud Wanecq
1. What is the inspiration behind Galerie Wanecq?
The pleasure to share our love for the most
interesting and beautiful Period in decorative arts: The French 18th century.
2. Do you have a work of art in your Galerie that is your own personal favorite?
At the moment we present a L XVI commode and its secretaire en pendant, they have never been separated since 1788 !! or transformed. Beautiful craftmanship at it's best, made and signed Gaspard SCHNEIDER ......
3. What was your most recent purchase?
A Boulle marquetery bracket clock, a Royal commande
4. Have you ever bought something that turned out fake?
We never buy an item without checking every detail personally, so sometimes we might miss an occasion ....
5. What are your favorite interior trends?
Less is more but no concession on authenticity and beauty
6. Do you have a favorite curator or interior designer?
Brian McCarthy, interior designer from New York. He creates homes not show rooms.
7. How would you describe your client relationship?
Confidence turning into friendship
8. What kind of advice would you give a beginning collector?
Visit museums, gallerys, exhibitions, learn by looking and in the end: TRUST YOUR OWN EYE
9. You live in Paris. What are your favorite off-the-beaten path spots in Paris.
I love Paris when it wake's up, jogging at the early hours means Paris belongs to me: "les Tuileries, La Cour Du Louvre, La Place De Vosges, Le Panthéon "...
10. What are your ski - must haves for winter?
Very good goggles
11. How do you define your style?
12. You make style look so effortless, what are you wardrobe staples?
13. What is in your bag for a ski weekend in Lech?
A Deepak Chopra book.